ToolTips hides behind Taskbar
Tooltip appear when mouse cursor in hovered on to an item without clicking it. It is a very effective solution to provide helpful tips. But Windows has a bug where the tooltip hides behind the taskbar.
This bug had been there since Windows® 95 and has survived till Vista. This makes it the longest surviving bug, and Microsoft® only acknowledged it after the release of Windows® XP SP2. Their way to solve this is to Logout and Re-Login to the account or Reboot (What else !).
But now I have found a utility that can be simply be run whenever this problem occurs.
It does not patches or permanently fixes it but at least you don't have to Logout-Login OR reboot your PC. Saves a lot of time for those who really want their tooltips to show correctly. Thanks to BikeMike who used AutoHotKey to create this.
For those who are a little enthusiastic do the following to create your own fixer:-
- Download AutoHotKey and Install.
- Now goto Start=>Programs=>AutoHotKey=>AutoScriptWriter
- Copy & Paste the following code given below.
- Then save this code (shown below).
- Now again Open Start=>Programs=>AutoHotKey=>Convert .ahk to .exe
- Now choose your .ahk file you saved earlier and convert to exe file.
- DO THIS ONLY IF YOU ARE COMFORTABLE and CONFIDENT.
Source code... Thanks to BikeMike
Menu,Tray,Tip,Fix the ToolTips so they display on top
TrayTip,,I fixed it :-)