Configure D-Link 2750U Wi-Fi Router for Airtel

Posted by Jaideep Walia in , , , , , , , ,

For the past Seven years I have been a user of Airtel Broadband and have faced problem 3 times. Two times it was because of ADSL2+ modem and they sent the engineer promptly (Probably a perk of living in Delhi) . First time the problematic modem was replaced (from 220BXi to 110BXi) but on second time (May 2012) I was told that I would have to buy the modem myself as Airtel now does not support CPEs(customer premises equipment).
So after some searching on net I decided to buy Dlink 2750U; which has in-built ADSL2+ modem with 4 LAN port, 1 USB port and 1 RJ11(DSL) port to connect your ADSL line; from Flipkart. As a side note, I must say that delivery of Flipkart is just amazing.
Dlink 2750U Wifi router
Front View

Dlink 2750U back view
Back View
The box contains everything you need to connect your ADSL connection. I connected the ADSL line from splitter to DSL port, LAN port of PC to LAN port of the router and switched it ON.
Now let’s start the process of configuring the router. Though a configuration CD was provided with the router, it seems that it does not work with Windows 7. So I will show you the manual configuration, which is pretty simple.
Open the properties of your LAN card, Select Internet Protocol Version 4, then Properties and the give IP Address as shown.
After configuring the IP address, open Internet Explorer and in the address bar type http://192.168.1.1
A window will open and will ask for Login and Password

Following is the first page you will see.
first screen

Now click Advance Setup on left and the click ADD button on right.
Advance setup
On the next screen put value of VPI as 1 and VCI as 32. And other values as shown below.
vpi 1 vci 32

Now click WAN Services and click ADD button.
WAN Services

Then
details
 Apply/Save
Final Screen
 Reboot

After rebooting the modem should come online and you should be able to browse.
This post was:

This entry was posted on Monday, June 4, 2012 at 8:00 PM and is filed under , , , , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

39 comments

Thanx a lot buddy...You saved me from facing terrible airtel customer support

June 10, 2012 at 12:44 PM

@Prashant... हर एक friend ज़रूरी होता है.... हा हा हा ...

June 12, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Jaideep, i tried with the setup u provided, but its still not coming online.The last connection light on modem also glows RED....please help

September 2, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Thanx jaideep, its now working

September 2, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Hi

I am facing lot of signal drops...is any setting recommendations for that

October 30, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Cool.. Thank you.. Its working perfectly..

November 22, 2012 at 11:30 PM

very helpful, thanks . Can you also post how can we make the wireless connection secured.

November 24, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Jaideep, this is a nice work from u. Thank you for that.
Can u plz help me.... i tried with the setup u provided, but its still not coming online.The last connection light on modem also glows RED.... what should i do....

December 12, 2012 at 11:03 PM

December 13, 2012 at 11:18 PM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
December 13, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Vijay & Hitesh Prithwani... Sorry I read your comments a bit late.

For those who face the "Last light on modem is RED"... Please call Airtel/Your service provider. The fault is at their end. I had also faced such RED light problem. I told them that my modem was working when this RED light thing happened. Just ask them when the fault at their end would be rectified.

December 16, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Oh i see... Ok Jaideep thanks a lot ya. Good Job. :)

December 18, 2012 at 9:41 PM

hi jaideep! i followed steps as per your instructions, but even after rebooting the router, i'm unable to connect to internet. the last led in the modem doesn't turn on. am i missing something?

PS: i use airtel broadband service. how can i know the username/password (is username/password mandatory? what if i leave it blank?)? i bought the service about 6-7yrs ago & can't recollect the service provide giving me this info.

thanks!

Amith

February 5, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Please help!!! I configured as above but I cannot get wireless connection with dynamic IP - I have to input the Airtel fixed IP address. I am running Windows 8 on a Sony Vaio s series.
All was well with dynamic IP with my previous router (beetel).
Any thoughts?

February 7, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Hi Jaideep, the info you provided helped me in clearing many doubts. I'm planning to buy a new airtel broadband connection (4mbps connection) for my residence. Will buy 2750U dsl router. Can you tell me the network operating range of this router as i need to install the router at ground floor of my home and need to get signals at second floor also.

March 21, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Thanks a whole lot for these step by step instructions. They saved me a lot of time and trouble on a Sunday night. :)

March 31, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Hi Mr. Jaideep,

I really appreciate the effort you have put behind the "Pictorial Guide" & seriously it saved a lot of time.

Thanks & Regards
Debasis

April 21, 2013 at 9:44 PM

This page saved my life, if only the people at airtel were as smart as u, this world would be a greater place

May 2, 2013 at 6:39 PM

im not to use browse on BLACKVBERRY PHONE...connected but not working!! will this help?

May 16, 2013 at 10:11 PM

great....This page helped me to configure it easily...

June 28, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Thanx a lot buddy ...good work ..keep it up

July 17, 2013 at 12:18 PM

thanks friend your post is a gr8 help...

August 8, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Thank you for wonderful info, finally I could setup router and wifi of airtel broadband in Windows 7.

August 25, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Thanks a lot.. This is what I was searching for since I bought this router this afternoon. Very good work.. I have added how to setup wireless option.

Setting up Wireless option

1. In the webpage (http://192.168.1.1), select Wireless option in the left side of the window.

2. Under Basic, put a check in Enable Wireless option and change SSID name. SSID name is the display name of your connection.

3. Secure your wireless network by setting a password.
Select Security tab on the left window. Choose the Network authentication as WPA-Personal with Auto option. Enter the password in WPA/WAPI passphrase option and choose Encryption as TKIP.

Save the settings and your network is now password secured.

October 21, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Thanks dude, this was a ton of help :)

November 27, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Jaideep : awesome help you have extended thru above for all and anyone who needs to configure this !!!
just to add...
password of adsl connection is:
std code phone no_dsl@airtelbroadband.in
example: std code of delhi is 011....and your no is say 55556666
so enter : 01155556666_dsl@airtelbroadband.in
for password, call airtel at 121 and they will reset password instantaneously.
----------------------------------------

December 21, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Hi there.This post was very helpful,but I am facing disconnection from the internet after around 30-45mins time.Please help.

December 27, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Thanks a lot bro...u saved me from a mess..:)

December 29, 2013 at 2:35 AM

Wonderful info. Cheers intended for giving us all this type of valuable info. Sustain the excellent function and proceed giving us all a lot more good quality info from time to time. If possible, when you get abilities, would you thoughts replacing your web site having more informationWireless Modems

June 5, 2014 at 10:18 AM

Airtel sales person said only beetel router will work with airtel broadband...is it true???

September 29, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Punit.... Any ADSL2+ router works....

October 6, 2014 at 7:23 PM

i m unable to configure dlink2750u trough static Ip. help me

April 2, 2016 at 8:48 AM

thankx a ton its working ....
for those who has a red light on the right bottom please check ur userid and password and enter it correctly in ppp username and ppp password....
it will definetely work

May 1, 2016 at 2:31 PM

Hello Jaideep, my router is configured and internet is working for applications like watsapp and hike but in browser its redirecting to Some airtel DSL connection page, any solutions?

May 26, 2016 at 8:09 PM

Thanks man! you saved lot of time for us.

July 11, 2016 at 8:27 PM

Hello,
Thanks a lot, I am not able to see the images in this webpage any help

March 27, 2017 at 8:14 PM

Hi,
Thanks a lot. However I am not able to see any of the images in this webpage. Any help

March 27, 2017 at 8:15 PM

@discover zeal... I had mistakenly deleted the images. Now everything is restored. Hope it helps.

April 12, 2017 at 1:37 AM